Thursday, April 7, 2011

Rough Weekend

So this weekend I did some hardcore Death Race Training.  I began Thursday with a Chest and Tricep Workout in the gym.  Rather then righting it all out you can see the exact workout I did along with a video of the guy who we got this from.  I say we because my brother Timmy introduced me to these workouts.  I swear the key to these exercises kicking the shit out of you is the Giant Sets and Drop Sets.  A Giant Set is performing 3 exercises (targeting a muscle group) in a row with no break.  After the 3rd exercise you take the break.  A Drop Set is similar except you rep each weight until failure and then drop the weight by a certain increment (usually 5 - 10 lbs) and continue until you have dropped the weight 3 times.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/kris-gethin-12-week-daily-trainer-week-2-day-8.html

My weight for each exercise was as follows:

  • Flat Dumbbell Press @ 95 lbs each w/ drop set of 85 / 75 / 65
  • Flat Bench Flyes @ 65 lbs each w/ drop set of 55 / 45 / 35
  • Incline Cable Flyes @ 65 lbs each w/ drop set of 65 / 55 / 45
  • Cable Crossovers @ 50 lbs each w/ drop set of 50 / 40 / 30
  • Tricep Cable Pushdowns @ 70 lbs w/ drop set of 70 / 60 / 50
  • Reverse Cable Pushdowns @ 50 lbs w/ drop set of 50 / 40 / 30
  • Giant Set @ 65 lbs
    • Head Smackers
    • Skull Crushers
    • Rockers
Friday I gave my muscles a break and worked my liver out @ the Old Rail Tavern in Barrington.  I know, I know but it was the Phillies season opener.  So that started at 12:45 and went until 10:30 pm.  I was hammered.  I slacked Saturday as well with no lifting but only a cardio workout.  Saturday night I worked out the liver again w/ an all night drink fest in my old stomping ground of Manayunk.  That ended about 2 am and I had already texted Brian to workout at 10 am Sunday morning.

Sunday Morning it was only me and Brian as the rest were all too hungover to join.

The workout was as follows:

3 Stations @ 6 minutes each:

Station I:  Wood Tossing & Chopping... as always
Station II:  Tire Flip - down and back / followed by Medicine Ball Reverse Chop - 10 reps each side
Station III:  Bear Crawl while dragging a 100 lb heavy bag behind us

oh yea... repeat this circuit a 2nd time for another 18 minutes.

Finish w/ our classic 20 lunges forward, backward, side to side and split.  This was followed by a dropset of frogger hops and tricep pushups.  The break between rep counts was an equal amount of deep breathes.  We started at 10 and took it down to 0 with a final 10 tricep pushups.

Brian almost puked!

No comments:

Post a Comment