In an attempt to improve my over-all pull up and push up count I have been trying to do max pull ups and push up reps throughout my workouts each day. The key to increasing your rep count is to do every set to the max or until failure. So instead of setting a goal of 3 sets of 10 pull ups, I either set a total rep count (i.e. 60 reps) and accomplish this over the fewest possible sets or I set a set count of 3 and do as many reps until I fall off the bar each time. Yesterday I knocked out the following reps with varying weights attached to my waist (note - these were pull ups not chin ups / palms facing away from me):
Warm Up (body weight only, 165 lbs) - 8 Reps
Set 1: (+25 lbs) - 12 Reps
Set 2: (+45 lbs) - 10 Reps
Set 3: (+70 lbs) - 4 Reps
Set 4: (+90 lbs) - 2 Reps
Set 5: (+45 lbs) - 6 Reps
Set 6: (+25 lbs) - 6 Reps
Set 7: (body weight only, 165 lbs) - 14 Reps
Total Rep Count: 62 pull ups
So for all you guys out there who claim that little guys like me can do so many pull ups only because we have the body weight of a small dog... Take a look at Set 4 where I did at least 2 Reps of your whopping body weight of 255 lbs. So shut up or hit the pull up bars
For the non-believers I'll post video shortly.
No comments:
Post a Comment