So since my fibula break I have been trying to just make back some ground I lost. So each day at the gym I have been hitting multiple areas of the body, specifically targetting my core strength (not just abs) and legs. That's the big misconception about the word core. Everyone thinks abs and only abs when you say CORE. When actually core represents your abs along with many other small muscle areas that connect all the major and minor muscle groups. So when I say core think about the connective muscles and tissues in and around your should area, your hip area, and of course your ab region, including your obliques.
So to hit these areas I have been doing a ton of swiss ball work, various push ups and pull ups, medicine ball exercises and of course jumping rope.
So the other day a friend of mine who does a lot of cardio asked me what I thought about jumping rope. Ever since I did Daddis Fight Camp I have taken a huge love to the jumping of rope. My first visit and every class there after we had to jump rope for about 10 minutes. The first couple of times I got my ass handed to me by everybody when it came to jumping 10 minutes straight. Now I am pretty good at it.
The trick with jumping rope is constantly changing the tempo and ways you jump (i.e. alternating skip, high knees, variation on B Step, side to side skier, switch, double hop and normal).
No comments:
Post a Comment